Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My bride's dress is nearly there....ahhhh.....





So......today we put it together...first I should say, we started with a packaged pattern that we ended up scrapping all together for the Dawna version...which...fits her better and I think looks nicer too...:D So I ended up making my own pattern. Denise learned how to make a muslin and the basics for putting it together and I'm sewing THE dress and re-beading where beads had to come off to sew it together. Tomorrow we are lining it and making all the trim etc. permanent. Thursday we are doing any last minute fitting stuff and I'm making her veil, then we are done...none too soon. She is getting married to her man on Saturday morning. Did I mention he is a soldier? He's coming home from Afghanistan so they can tie the knot and get a little R&R. They haven't seen each other since January. A big big big THANK YOU to Brian and all his family for his service and their support! Perhaps sometime early next week I'll be adding a simple tutorial for an easy peasy wedding veil.....stay tuned....in the meantime....enjoy some "in the progress" pictures of Denise and her nearly done dress....




No comments:

Post a Comment